Over the course of his impressive 18-year career, Peyton Manning has reached out to hundreds of people with sincere handwritten letters. Recipients have included teammates and rivals, family and friends, coaches, celebrities and fans alike. Now, after 18 years, Gatorade pays tribute to the Sheriff using his own words.
• Tony Dungy – Peyton’s Indianapolis Colts head coach, 2002-2008; Pro Football Hall of Fame Inductee; current NBC Analyst
• Jon Scott – Peyton’s friend and current Indianapolis Colts Vice President of Equipment Operations
• David Cutcliffe – Peyton’s quarterback coach at University of Tennessee, 1994-1997; current Duke Head Coach
• Pam Frenzel – Mother of Tyler Frenzel; Peyton befriended Tyler – diagnosed with leukemia – during a visit to the Peyton Manning Children’s Hospital at St. Vincent in Indianapolis and remained in close contact with Tyler until his death in 2004 at age 9
• Jeff Saturday – Peyton’s Indianapolis Colts teammate, 1999-2011; NFL center, 1992-2012
• Eli Manning – Peyton’s brother; current New York Giants quarterback
• Demaryius Thomas – Peyton’s Denver Broncos teammate, 2013-2016; current Denver Broncos receiver
• Derek Jeter – Peyton’s friend; fellow Gatorade athlete; New York Yankees shortstop, 1995-2014
• Brandon Stokley – Peyton’s Indianapolis Colts and Broncos teammate, 2003-2006 and 2012 respectively; NFL receiver, 1999-2013
• Archie Manning – Peyton’s father; NFL Hall of Fame quarterback, 1971-1984
• Chris Mortensen – Peyton’s friend; current ESPN NFL analyst
• Brandon Washington – First recipient of Peyton Manning Scholarship; currently a graduate student at University of Indiana
This media asset is free for editorial broadcast, print, online and radio use. It is restricted for use for other purposes.